Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Season That NEVER Ended

Let me tell you, this mushing season just goes on and on and on. Last weekend, when I thought it was finally safe to get in the dog truck, we loaded up and head to the "mountain"(Red Lodge Mountain Ski Area). My first thought was perfect, free running, animal chasing, and losing puppy, it doesn't get any better then this. But to my dismay out came the stupid harnesses and skijore lines. My second thought was(Kim will not type what my second thought was because she says this is a family blog). So... my third thought was there is NO way I am pulling anyone up this mountain.
Well, things started out great, for two and half hours we free ran and Kim and Bryan skinned (You wear your skis but they have skins on them so you go up the hill) to the top of the mountain. Then we skied/ran down the backside. As you can tell from the picture down is fun. I think Stratus is half snowshoe hare. I was thinking this is good stuff, one of my best ski day ever. Then out came the lines. We had to pull those lazy bums out of the bottom of Coal Creek. Will this sled dog stuff ever end?

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

It IS a bummer, isn't it? You could always fake a sore paw, which is what my dad's dog did when he was asked to do something he didn't want to do.

"Get the bull, Dog!"

The canine, sensing the imminant impossible task in which he was out-weighed by a literal ton, would drop to the ground and frantically dig at the invisible sticker in his pad.

What can you do? You're lame.
And nobody can prove anything....