Monday, April 20, 2009

Too Hot to Trot

Imagine wearing your winter coat and going for a run when it is 60 plus degrees. Well that is what it is like when you are or aren't a sled dog in April or May. We have not been doing much except playing ball and covering the house in a nice layer of hair. Kim loves the spring shed.

I think Bryan is getting ready to start kayaking. I heard Kim say something about wetsuits getting smaller over the winter. I wonder does they really shrink just sitting in the garage?

This weekend Kim abandoned us. She met her dad in Bozeman for a photography workshop. I guess what she learned is that she doesn't know anything about taking pictures. I wonder if that means she will quit taking pictures? I hope not. I prefer to post with pictures.
Hopefully, next week she will have some pictures for me to write about.

3 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Of COURSE wetsuits shrink, during the winter. Cold causes things to contract. At least that's how I justify it! It's a little harder to sell that reasoning in May, though.

My dog, Molly, has a charming habit of soaking in whatever container or puddle of water she can find, when she gets hot. She's been known to try to curl up in her water dish! And nearly succeeded a couple of years ago. Now she's getting older and chubby, rather like me, and it doesn't work so well.

I love photography! What type camera does Kim have? I've recently converted from a 35mm to a Canon Rebel xTi digital, with a monster lens, and it's making me look like quite the artist, even though I still just sort of point and shoot. Aperature, shmaperature!

Great to hear from the Busch's again! Viva la kayaks! I think sometimes they shrink a little, too....

The Farmer's Wife said...

AND I just figured out who the Keele family is! Little Angie! So fun to see how her life turned out, or is turning out, rather.

Willow said...

Kim decided that she needs to figure out how to use the Canon Powershot S3 that she has before she upgrades to the monster lens. But I have seen her on ebay looking at the Rebel. She is planning to really work on her photography this summer. You know the sled dogs and I will have to be her models. It is tough work but somebody has to do it.