Monday, May 11, 2009

A Hunting I Will Go, A Hunting I Will Go


I love springtime! Our whole neighborhood turns into a hunting range. I know this is not a big deal to those of you who live in the country but I live in the largest city in Montana. Since I am a city dog I have to be flexible and ready for anything. Most mornings I focus on rabbits but I have to be ready for deer, ducks, cats, or pheasants.

When hunting in the city you will want to follow these tips: Be very, very quiet and remember just because it looks like a rock doesn't mean it is a rock. (Those bunnies try to pretend they are rocks but they can't trick me. )

These hunting expeditions have only two small problems, the pinch-collar connected to a too-short rope and my hunting partner, Kim. I don't want to complain but she has really been slacking on our early morning hunting expeditions (I heard her saying something about being tired or she gave blood or something). I think she is just lazy. I don't know if she has noticed but neither one of us is getting any slimmer when she is lying in bed.

No comments: