Tuesday, September 1, 2009

17 Years of Wedded Bliss


Bryan and the dogs planned our 17th anniversary weekend. It was full of all the romance any bride/MOD could hope for. I slept in, had breakfast in bed, enjoyed a candle light steak dinner(I didn't cook) and the dogs stayed at camp so Bryan and I could have some alone time.
During our alone time, we attempted to ride the Honda 90s to Independence, a ghost town outside of Big Timber, MT. This was actually our second attempt to make it to the "really cool" part. A few years ago we rode are mountain bikes up. Both of us have gained some weight and we were pretty sure that we would not have made it on our mountain bikes.
This was also a trip we had hoped to make during our "Honda 90" vacation that didn't really happen this summer.

About 4 miles up the primitive road you get to the first cabin but you have to keep going, when we got to the steep, rocky switchbacks I was done. This Honda 90 riding is a lot harder than it looks. I have to pay attention all the time, my butt and right hand (front brake hand) get sore, and my head starts to bob. I Bryan says I look like a Bobble Head riding down the trail.
We rode 33 miles(round-trip) on Saturday but we only made it to the first section with a cabin and outhouse.
Sunday we just relaxed and Bryan did some fishing.

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

NO. WAY.

You've been married for 17 years?!!! I started counting backwards, from my age, and I guess it could be possible.

Very fun stuff, ghost towns. Doesn't your brain just make up stories as you look around? I'm a terrible one for wanting to peak into abandoned houses, and contemplate their lives. Had no idea there was one near Big Timber.

Well, congratulations to you both! And tell Mr. Romance to tone it down a bit; he's setting standards no man can compete with....