Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mushing Season Ends Short

My friend, Lucy (Bryan's princess), had emergency surgery on Monday. Lucy has gotten into the habit of eating things near her kennel when she is mad. She was MAD last week and ate part of a duffel bag that had been on top of the kennel. Dr. Mark thinks that it probably caused an irritation in her bowel. Then it twisted and cause her stomach to fill with gas. Her stomach was taking up most of her chest cavity when she got to the vet. If Bryan had not be really watching her, she would have died.
Bryan was at the vet all day, so the other dogs and I were very worried. Finally when he and Kim got home I could tell that they were still worried so I crawled right up on the couch and laid on Bryan to make him feel better. I wanted to reassure him that even if something happen to Lucy I was still here for him. I am not sure he appreciated me, he told me I had to get down, I was just trying to help.
Kim says Lucy is doing fine. She is still at the vet because she has to eat baby food (Yuck) for a few days.
Well the bright side of this whole things is that she is out for the rest of the mushing season, which really means I won't have to be a sled dog for another year. Yeah!

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

The sympathy just OOZES in this post, Willow...